Yet Another Nerdy Ph.D. (student)
Hi, I’m currently a Ph.D. student working with Prof. Felix Xiaozhu Lin and other awesome folks at XSEL, School of Electric and Computer Engineering, Purdue University. I’m particularly intrigued by the complexity of computer systems and the endeavor of building them.
My past and ongoing projects span multiple aspects of kernel, including drivers that provide energy isolation, file systems that are highly secure on IoT devices, to dynamic binary translation that run a wimpy peripheral cores.
- [ATC’19] “Transkernel: An Executor for Commodity Kernels on Peripheral Cores”, Liwei Guo, Shuang Zhai, Yi Qiao, and Felix Xiaozhu Lin, in Proc. USENIX Annual Technical Conference 2019 (to appear).
- [Eurosys’18] “Power Sandbox: Power Awareness Redefined”, Liwei Guo, Tiantu Xu, Mengwei Xu, Xuanzhe Liu, and Felix Xiaozhu Lin, in Proc. ACM European Conference on Computer Systems 2018. (co-primary)
- [HotMobile’17] “Decelerating Suspend and Resume in OS”, Shuang Zhai, Liwei Guo, Xiangyu Li, and Felix Xiaozhu Lin, in Proc. ACM Int. Workshop on Mobile Computing Systems and Applications, 2017.
- “Let the Cloud Watch Over Your IoT File Systems”, Liwei Guo, Yiying Zhang, and Felix Xiaozhu Lin. Arxiv
A Little Bit More
Besides research, I mostly enjoy:
- Playing video games which ignited my original passion for computers since I was six (Diamond in Legue of Legends, Platinum in Overwatch). Check out my game clips here!
- Photography. I record my life by shooting photos. Check out my (awesome) photos here!